VOX AC15HW1 - Australia - Guitar World
A Classic, Hand-wired Vox Amp!
The 15-watt Vox AC15HW1 hand-wired combo guitar amplifier transports you through the golden age of Vox tone. A retro oxblood grill cover and Vintage fawn-colored vinyl over a birch ply cabinet gives the AC15HW1 classic style and sound. It's a traditional 2-channel design, with both a top boost channel that has a HOT/COOL switch and a normal channel that has a BRIGHT switch. At its heart, the AC15HW1 sports a painstakingly hand-wired turret board assembly containing three ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes, a pair of EL84 power tubes, and a EZ81 rectifier tube - all of which are matched Ruby Tubes, which provide impeccable tone and extended dynamic range. A 12" Celestion G12M Greenback speaker gives you a bold and clear tone, and the OP mode switch lets you cut the output power level in half, which also makes the AC15HW1 an excellent recording/practice amp.
Vox AC15HW1 Combo Guitar Amplifier Features at a Glance:
- 15-watt power output (8 and 16 ohms)
- Hand-wired turret board construction
- Birch-ply cabinet features solid bracing and a natural high-frequency diffuser
- All-tube design
- 1 x 12" G12M Greenback Speaker
- 3 x ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes
- 2 x EL84 power tubes
- 1 x EZ81 rectifier tube
- Fitted with matched Ruby Tubes for extended dynamic range
- Traditional VOX 2-channel design (Top Boost and Normal)
- High and Low inputs for each channel
- The Normal channel provides an additional BRIGHT switch
- The Top Boost channel provides a HOT/COOL switch to achieve even more gain
- Master Volume/BYPASS switch completely bypasses the Master Volume section
- OP mode switch cuts the output power level in half
- Vintage fawn-colored vinyl, reminiscent of the 1960 classic AC30
- 2 x 1/4" output jacks for extension cabinets
- Dimensions: 24.02" x 10.24" x 21.65"
- Weight: 48.9 lbs.
- Included VFS1 footswitch controls the Top Boost channel's HOT/COOL switch
- Premium, custom-fit dust cover included