FENDER 60TH ANNIVERSARY STRATOCASTER COMMEMORATIVE Guitar World AUSTRALIA
For 2014 only, Fender celebrates the diamond jubilee of the world’s greatest electric guitar with the limited-edition 60th Anniversary American Vintage 1954 Stratocaster. This special guitar honors the Stratocaster’s very first model year as an “exciting new instrument” with a tone “as new and different as tomorrow,” and is reverently crafted with a rich selection of features, appointments and accessories.
The two-piece ash body features a side seam and a flash-coat lacquer finish in the guitar’s original 2-Color Sunburst. The one-piece maple neck has a comfortable 1954 profile and date stamp just below the truss rod adjustment nut, topped by a 7.25”-radius fingerboard with rolled edges and 21 vintage frets. Three new 1954 single-coil Stratocaster pickups deliver a singing original-era voice, with five-way switching complemented by an included optional three-way switch for original wiring. The guitar also features a single-ply white pickguard and white polystyrene control knobs, bone nut and round string tree, American Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge with six “patent pending” saddles, vintage tuners and nickel-chrome hardware.
Special extras and accessories include a vintage-design center-pocket tweed case; replica polishing cloth, cable, black leather strap and bridge cover; extra tremolo springs (two), and reproduction 1954 paperwork. Each guitar will come with a 1954 Anniversary Strat Certificate and the first 54 of the run will feature a special 60th anniversary “1st 54” engraved neck plate. Available only during 2014 in a limited edition of 1,954 guitars.
When many people think of an electric guitar, this is the one that leaps to mind. The Stratocaster is an archetypal instrument - among the world's most popular guitars and an elegantly versatile creation that is both a musical and cultural touchstone. At its heart, though, the Stratocaster remains a fantastic tool - with unmistakable sound and timeless design that have made it the first choice among players worldwide, many of whom have used it to create much of the most important music of our time.
No sooner had Fender revolutionized music with the Telecaster and Precision Bass, in 1954 it introduced what is nearly universally regarded as the archetypal electric guitar; the Stratocaster. Perennially sleek, stylish, smooth playing and tonally versatile, it has transcended its role as a musical tool to become nothing short of a cultural icon. There is simply nothing that sings, screams, whispers, moans, roars, rocks and rolls like a Stratocaster!
A celebration of popular features and commemorative details.
Available in 2014 only, Fender's 60th Anniversary Commemorative Stratocaster is a beautifully crafted U.S.-made instrument that celebrates six decades of the world's greatest electric guitar. Fine features and appointments include an ash body with a comfortably contoured heel, three special-design 1954 single-coil Strat pickups, a compound-radius fingerboard, gold hardware, custom-engraved neck plate and headstock ingot, and a beautiful 2-Color Sunburst gloss finish.
Other premium features include a maple neck with modern "C" profile and satin finish, maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and black pearloid inlays, Micro-Tilt neck adjustment mechanism, five-way pickup switching and tone control for middle and bridge pickups, two-point synchronized tremolo bridge with vintage-style stamped steel saddles, and deluxe tuners with white pearloid buttons. Includes vintage-style tweed case with embroidered 60th anniversary logo, strap and strap locks, cable, polishing cloth and special commemorative book.
60th Anniversary American Vintage 1954 Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Extremely limited-edition 60th Anniversary model Strat - one of only 1,954 made
- 2-piece ash body features original side seam construction
- Flash-coat lacquer finish re-creates the look and feel of a traditional Strat
- Original 2-color sunburst fades smoothly between canary yellow and amber brown
- 25.5"-scale 1-piece maple neck includes walnut skunk strip, comfortable '54 rounded D profile
- Integrated 7.25"-radius maple fretboard includes 21 vintage frets and comfortable rolled edges
- 1.624"-wide bone nut adds a subtle musical quality only found in vintage-style guitars
- Date stamp just below the truss rod adjustment nut at base of neck provides a nice touch of authenticity
- 3 x newly designed 1954 Single-Coil Stratocaster pickups deliver singing, original-era voice
- Comes with a 5-way pickup blade selector installed as well as a 3-position blade switch you can install for original wiring
- Nickel-chrome hardware includes a round string tree and vintage tuners that resemble the original Kluson Deluxe "No-Line" tuners
- American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo bridge includes 6 stamped "patent pending" saddles
- Single-ply white pickguard re-creates the original .06" ABS plastic model that's true to period
- White polystyrene control knobs reflect the final production model released in October of 1954
Special Extras and Accessories Include:
- Vintage-design single-stitch center-pocket tweed case
- Replica polishing cloth
- Replica cable
- Replica black leather strap
- Replica bridge cover
- A pair of extra tremolo springs
- Reproduction 1954 paperwork